Changchun was wonderful. It exceeded my expectations. Now I’ll make sure that I go on every trip possible with Anders. I can’t say enough how warm, welcoming, and friendly the Chinese are. It was nice to come home to 82° and sun. I’ll have more to write this week and I have some nice photos of places I visited.
1) I expect to lose 1-3 pounds Doubtful, we had too many great Chinese meals. I may have gained.
2) I expect to be stared at Let’s just say that Changchun isn’t much of an international city. I did not see one other western woman at the hotel.
3) I expect to have my photo taken once, either on the sly or with someone I had several photos taken on the not so sly, starting at the airport in GZ.
4) I expect I won’t be as cold as everyone thinks I was colder than everyone though. It snowed overnight and there was still a light snow falling when we left.
5) I expect to eat all the granola bars and drink all the Starbucks VIA coffee I packed I brought some of each home.
6) I expect to do a lot of reading Barely cracked open the Kindle.
7) I expect that I may break my Golden Rule and eat at McDonald’s (if there is one) I continue my streak of not eating at McDonald’s while traveling. See #1.
8) I expect to have a lot of good stories next week 😉 I have some very nice stories.
9) I expect to have a blast no matter what happens! I had a lot of fun, learned a lot of Chinese history, met great people, and would go back again! (in the summer)
6PM – 74°